Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Logan Avenue


My mother had arrived with Margaret, her soon to be mother in law, at Uncle Brian's home in the Bronx, where she had lived since coming to America. She was there to pick up her two younger sisters that were visiting America. The plan was for all of them to go to the World's Fair in Flushing Meadows for the day.

Her sister told me that she came into the house annoyed that the young girls were not ready on time and everyone yelled,  "Surprise".

It is funny when you look at old photos- I remember the coffee pot, and the wallpaper on the staircase. I think Mom looks very like each of my sisters, in the pictures. How young she was- just a little older than my daughter is now. Such a pretty blue dress...

Mom would be 79 today. She is still missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment