Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Baby step Two

So in 2011 I tried a spending fast that didn't really go that well. I got debt free that go round. And then I financed a car and started paying for braces and shopping on credit to fill the gaps. BIG MISTAKE!!! I regret not making a proper budget then. Live and learn I guess.

I tried again to get my finances in check in 2014- I have not used a credit card since that time but have STILL not paid off what I owe in consumer debt. Amazing how quickly those balances can climb.

Progress since then has been steady and I have been working hard since September of 2016, but I had to finance a new furnace at the end of 2016. Bah-Humbug! More debt added to the pile. But the old furnace was over 30 years old. It was time.

Now my car is paid off.

I paid the last installment on my son's braces.

I finished paying off the hospital for my surgery last summer.

I refinanced my mortgage to a 15 year at a lower rate.

I am working outside the hospital for additional income and will try to earn a promotion this year.

I keep reminding myself it took me years to build up this debt. That I need to be patient.

I am impatient. I want to be there. I want to be done.

Getting out of debt is so much harder than getting in. When I get free this time I am staying that way. Period- end of story.





No comments:

Post a Comment