Saturday, October 19, 2013

Going Dutch

I read an article on men paying for dates and how they would like help but are afraid to ask...

I have to say, I had the opposite issue. I actively tried to convince the man I was dating that I could afford to cover some of our dating expenses. It took a really long time for him to accept an assist from me. (This even when he took a large cut in salary when business was slow) and his comment was telling- "Are you sure you won't hold this against me?"

Who are men dating that such a question comes up? If I have the ability to help out, I offer. Because I am eating too. I am watching the movie too. And right is right.

But even with my offering regularly, it was the rarest occasion that I was permitted to pick up the check. Occasionally I was allowed to leave a tip.

Mostly I was treated.

So "Thank You" to all the gentlemen who insist on paying, but please feel free to allow me to cover the check sometimes. It is only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment