Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Friendship and Love

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. C. S. Lewis

All the presents are bought but not wrapped just yet. The yard and the house are decorated. Cookies were baked (and eaten) And I am about halfway through writing my Christmas cards. Reaching out to each of the folks in my life who only serve to make it better.

It is an effort of love.

I have my corny letter, with pictures of the kids, include the new house number... all the usual elements that folks hardly think about.

I have a big selection of cards this year, because I shopped after Christmas and got some great deals on the fancy cards I would never pay full price for. I even have the "Forever" stamps that are seasonal.

It isn't something I have to do. I do it because I want to. I want to check in with everyone, wish them well and happy... Not a big thing, really.

But each card is a tangable sign of love.

From my house to yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment