Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Shopping?!?

So getting real for the holidays is going to be interesting.

I already have a nice gift for my daughter, and no, it is not a car. My son will go to Space Camp as his WHOLE gift, as he is one of the lucky 48 children in the 4th grade chosen. And the family Kris Kringle wants a gift from Auto Zone.

Which means…

NO MALLS… No department stores… no crazy shopping experiences that torture me. Yes. I am female and I HATE to shop. There is no joy in it… I could never see another mall and be JUST FINE with it. I was Mall free… (Insert “Happy Dance” here)

That was the plan anyway…

But my son, who receives an allowance for chores that include taking out the garbage and animal care, has saved money and wants to buy everyone the perfect Christmas gift. I helped him pick up his dad’s gift on-line for less than $10, a good start, and he did not want me with him when he shopped for me…

So my daughter took him to the mall. And I stayed home, did a little decorating, made hot tea and read a book.

Mall avoidance is a wonderful thing.

He spent more than he should have, but is just delighted with his choice.

The one drawback is that he wants to shop for Liz. He wants to buy her perfume.

Normally, I would suggest my son go shopping with his Dad, who is flying in to see John for Christmas. Let them bond...This year, though, he arrives on Christmas Eve. And I like my ex enough that I wouldn’t subject him to the mall on Christmas Eve. That would just be mean!

Which means…

I have to go to the Mall.

Wrong on so many levels…

No comments:

Post a Comment