Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter 2010

Mother Nature has decided to bring on winter in a big way this week. It is normally in the 40’s at this time of year, and we are in the low 20’s- the weather folks think the “high” will be 23F. IT IS TOO COLD. We had snow on Saturday just the way I like it- it stuck on the lawns and trees but the roads were clear- lovely.

I wore my long coat and gloves today, and the heat in the car was blasting as I drove to work. I have a heater at my desk and my feet have not thawed yet, even though I am almost through a pot of lovely hot coffee.

Is it too early to wish for an early Spring?

At least I am finished shopping for all the gifts I needed to find. Still need to wrap them, and mail my Dad’s gift to him, but I am in good shape. It is a green t-shirt with the Grinch’s face on the front. The Grinch was one of my Dad’s favorites. Along with the coyote that chases Roadrunner.

Christmas cards are not going well. I can’t find my address book. It was on my desk last week and while everyone claims not to have moved it, it is no longer there and my search has turned up nothing- okay it turned up several other misplaced items, but that is hardly the point. So I will be mailing cards to addresses I have memorized, and to those who send me a card bearing their return address. What can ya do?

I know, a computer based address book…e-mail cards…I know, join the 21st century.

Bah Humbug! I am sure the phone book will turn up when I least need it and am in search of something else entirely. In July…

Still no tree- hard to get motivated to take on such a huge project with the kids away this Christmas. I was thinking of setting up the nativity and just having a small potted pine instead. Then plant the tree in the backyard in spring. Nice and simple, like the first Christmas.

Now if only we could make it to the 40’s or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment