Monday, December 20, 2010

My New Bathroom

All I want for Christmas is a new bathroom.

My 1970's bathroom is a thing of the past, with it's water-damaged wall and sub-floor and mis-aligned stick-on tiles. The vanity with dysfunctional door and drawers are distant memories. The avocado tub that never really looked clean and had half the water directed to the tub when we showered because the valve was frozen halfway- gone...

Did I mention the lights that dangled from chains?

After the demolition, Tony (aka Contractor God- he is Mike Holmes and Bob Viela combined) explained that the sink drained uphill, which is why thousands in Drano never unclogged the sink. He also demonstrated that my "support" wall was not actually attached to anything. And the sink pipes needed to be moved so they line up with where the sink is...

So Rick and I picked out the shower hardware- his Christmas gift to me, as well as some of the other fixtures. An exhaust fan with a light (truly a dream come true), towel bars, it is the little things that make me happy.

The new sub floor is down already and the support walls are well underway. The tile is a skid proof dark gray, the trim is a mosaic tile with pale blue, pale gray and off-white, and since I can't have a window, I am getting a small skylight.

Natural light in the bathroom...it is almost too much to hope for...

I am like a kid waiting for Santa, only this is SO MUCH BETTER!

And Tony believes it will be done prior to Santa's arrival.... Merry Christmas to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment