Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipes

Really, I know, I should have checked earlier- the pictures looked so nice and really, veggies, how hard could it be. See, I am bringing sweet sausage stuffed mushrooms and garlic cauliflower to my aunts, along with an oreo cookie cake and brownies. Easy, no fuss...

So I started my grocery list and checked the recipes. What in the world are Japanese breadcrumbs and Mascarpone cheese? I am a BIG cheese fan and have NEVER heard of Mascarpone cheese. I was married to an Italian fellow who's mother cooked amazing Italian food. Never heard of the stuff.

Now I have to go to Jungle Jim's to shop for ingredients. Jungle Jim's has every food known lined up in aisles by what country it is from. The store covers acres- and I have to go to several countries to get the stuff I need. How likely is it that Japan will be next to Italy? Which means I will be on a multi-country tour to get cheese and breadcrumbs.

And that means money. Because if I end up in Latin America, I will be getting the beans I love. England is where breakfast sausage lives... My mouth is already starting to water at the prospect.

Yes, I could stay strong and get only the two items on the list... if aliens replace me with a droid look alike, maybe. Did I mention they carry my favorite candy and the imported tea I LOVE...

Of course I could sub out these ingredients and avoid shopping at all, but what if everything ends up tasting terrible? I am not one of these crafty people who can just whip up something with what is on hand. I am a recipe girl. I preheat, flour and whip as told...I am not a creative chef AT ALL.

So I will go to Jungle Jim's, along with the other 200,000 individuals in the tri-state area hunting for some obscure item. And I will spend a boatload of money on treats and need a u-haul to get the stuff home...

Hopefully, everyone likes Japanese breadcrumbs and Mascarpone cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment