Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Prep 2010

I will spend this weekend remembering that Jesus gave his life so that we can go to heaven, and will make a concerted effort not to be pissed that the Catholic Church did a horrid job protecting the children it was meant to serve. I know so many wonderful priests who have served us and given their life to God …. This scandal has slapped all of these good men in the face and mocked what they believe. And I HATE that so many bad men were protected… After hurting children… that they were able to gain access repeatedly. It makes me so angry.

Jesus will judge them all.

So Easter is this Sunday. It is springtime and with John preparing for First Communion later this month, it will be an important Easter Mass. “GOD” school, which was called CCD where I came from and is some other 3-letter code now, is every Monday night. This week, since school is closed, there were no classes. Also no Cub Scout meetings- I haven’t had this much free time since September. Spring Break for mommy rocks.

On Saturday, my cousin Sara and her family are hosting Easter dinner. I only found out yesterday, because the message I got was: “Easter at Sara’s at 1, Bring dessert”

It was written by a teenager who clearly has not mastered the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE enough to know that an additional word was needed to convey the message.

My daughter was surprised I made plans for Saturday. The conversation went like this:

“You can’t take John and his friends to the movies on Saturday. Mom, we are going to Sara’s for Easter.” (She looks at me like this makes complete sense.)

“Easter is Sunday, hence the term ‘Easter Sunday.’” (I am thinking I wasted A LOT of money on Catholic School)

“Yes, Easter is Sunday, dinner at Sara’s is Saturday” (Looking at me with the annoyance stare)

“The message said ‘Easter at Sara’s’. You should have mentioned it was Saturday…”

Interrupting me, “Obviously I didn’t write the message…” (Can you pick up the distain?)

Oh the Joy of Teenagers…

So I need to make a dessert for Easter dinner, which means I have to go shopping and I am not looking forward to it. I wish the grocery fairy would come and restock my panty as I run low on things.

Shopping on a “fasting” day. Wish me luck…

No comments:

Post a Comment