Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear Abby

So I was reading Dear Abby on Yahoo today (Friday, April 2, 2010) over my breakfast coffee and read the following letter and her response:

DEAR ABBY: Is it OK to have sex when you're a guest in someone's home? I say no, but my husband feels the host knows we're married so it's not inappropriate. I think it's rude and shows a lack of respect for the host.Would you please settle this once and for all? When we stay with friends, we end up fighting during our vacation. -- UNCOMFORTABLE IN TEXAS

DEAR UNCOMFORTABLE: For a married couple to make love when they are houseguests isn't rude or disrespectful, provided the pictures don't fall off the walls and there are no complaints about noise from the neighbors. However, if the idea makes you uncomfortable and unable to relax and enjoy the intimacy, then you and your husband should vacation in a hotel where you can expect to have more privacy.


The response seemed appropriate, and I scrolled down to read the comments. This one caused me to spurt coffee out my nose:

“Sex at our friend's house? That's why they make sheets. Besides, anyone remember the 70's. We had sex WITH our friends at their house.....sheeesh.” M.

Clearly I lead a boring life…

No comments:

Post a Comment