Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Commercial-free Spotify

 My son has gifted me commercial free Spotify and it might be the greatest experience ever. Don't get me wrong, I loved my iPod, but Apple really screwed me with that- killing iTunes as I knew it after I uploaded hundreds of CDs... bad form.

And now... music heaven- I have found all the music I have looked for (save one song on one album- seems an odd omission but what can you do!)

I love listening to the songs from every decade of my life. Songs I danced to, songs I cried to, songs of pure joy and celebration. It is a long way from me at twelve recording my favorite songs on my tape recorder straight from the radio- always missing the first bar or so... 

Our first stereo had an eight track tape player. Our car had only AM radio. I lived thru the Walkman, 45s, cassettes, 12 inch dance records, CDs, iPods and this has to be the closest thing to musical heaven... until the next innovation. 

Thanks, John. You were right!


No comments:

Post a Comment