Thursday, May 16, 2019

20 years ago, my first son was born

My firstborn son and second child was born on May 16th, 1999.

We left the hospital two days later and after his parents dropped me home, the three of them went home to a wonderful life.

There was grief on my side for a long time, but never regret. But it is still not something my family talks about... At least not openly.

His folks have been great to me over the years and Facebook opened a new line of communication. He has a big family and is so loved- it is wonderful to know my decision was the best one for him.

In the past couple of years, he has been in touch, again via Facebook, with my daughter, and I got to meet him briefly when I took his Dad out to lunch. Best of all, God gave his Dad a miracle recovery from cancer that I am still grateful for everyday.

God is Good- Happy Birthday my sweet boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment