Friday, January 1, 2016

Resolutions 2016

My goals this year are simple. I am going to do more things for me, my career and my life.

I am still working on being debt free and using cash only… this is a multi-year project but it is my priority. I am going to be buying things I need, and stop buying stuff I don’t need. So what does that look like?
It means I need to commit to packing my lunch instead of buying stuff in the cafeteria each day.
I have over a year’s worth of books in my house- so no book buying this year (Gosh it hurt to type that!!!)

I am not going to take elevators and will add steps when I can. The far away parking space- that is where you will find me.
I am going back to school- I begin two graduate level courses, one in Holistic Nursing and the other in Human Genetics, on January 11th that run till May, so I will be dusting off the old grey cells and studying more- by default, that means less time on social media and less time watching TV.  So I am down to one Facebook account since I no longer need my work one, and on it I will only post positive items for the whole year! Can it be done??? We will see.
I am going to continue to downsize what I own. My daughter, who is fundraising for her travel with Up with People will be selling the items of value that we are letting go of and donating the rest.
I am also doing new things- embracing adventure to get in my 50 New Things before I turn 50. Life is a journey and I intend to enjoy the ride. 2016- show me what you’ve got!

No comments:

Post a Comment