Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014



Thanksgiving tradition begs that we consider all the good that surrounds us and give thanks for all we have. This is my list this year
  1. My growing up too fast children-  How can Liz be 21? John is nearly 13- and the years are just flying by.
  2. My healthy new body- I am in better shape now, after surgery twice in the last 14 months, than I can remember being since my days in the Peace Corps when I was walking miles every day and eating healthy every day.
  3. My beautiful house- Improvements and positive equity are nothing compared  to the sense of peace I have when I am home.
  4. My large network of amazing friends- The support and love are constant reminders of my blessed life
  5. My work in the EB world- I know I make a difference, and making a difference matters. I work with some of the most incredible families, medical providers and scientists. We get closer every day to my dream world where EB has no place.
  6. My huge wonderful family-Getting home to Ireland after such a long time was an amazing thing and I love that I can sit down with my cousins after years and it is as if no time has passed- My family rocks!
Looking at my life I can't help feeling awestruck by all the gifts God has given me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment