Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dear Tony... I am so sorry...

Dear Tony,

I am so sorry Kevin Ward Jr. died and his family have to figure out how to live without him. I am so sorry you are living in the nightmare of having been a part of the accident that killed him.

I wish Kevin was alive an well and still pissed off that he ended up in the wall Saturday night. That his mom and dad and girlfriend were telling him he would have other opportunities to win races.

I wish he wasn't gone. A universal wish, I think.

I also wish people would stop blaming him for dying. It makes me a little sick to my stomach when I see it and I didn't even know him. His poor folks... His parents have enough grief without reading and listening to all the crap folks are saying- 20/20 hindsight is great, but he is not the first racer to get out of his car...

I also wish people would stop calling you a murderer... Not only from the "innocent till proven guilty" stance you are entitled to, at very least, but from the "I do not think it was on purpose" place where I am standing.

I believe it was a horrible tragic accident.

And no, I am no racing expert and no I have never even thought about driving a car with wings on it. I don't drive on dirt, ever, and have no expertise with cars and engines beyond putting in gas and changing my oil.

It looked like an accident. Was it unavoidable? Well now we are back to the 20/20 hindsight thing again. The "could have" and "should have" unknowns are haunting...

I am so sorry people are saying harsh, hateful things. About you. About Kevin.

I am praying for all of you.

Always,
Geri






No comments:

Post a Comment