Friday, June 27, 2014

Helen Keller

From the Christian Science Monitor: CSM celebrates Helen Keller on her 134th Birthday with her quotes:

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." 


"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

"The true test of a character is to face hard conditions with the determination to make them better."

"The bulk of the world’s knowledge is an imaginary construction."

"Faith is a mockery if it does not teach us that we can build a more complete and beautiful world."

"I think the degree of a nation's civilization may be measured by the degree of enlightenment of its women."

"More than at any other time, when I hold a beloved book in my hand my limitations fall from me, my spirit is free."

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope."

"A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships."

"I believe humility is a virtue, but I prefer not to use it unless it is absolutely necessary."

No comments:

Post a Comment