Thursday, August 1, 2013

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”

"Preach the Gospel, using words when necessary."

While I was away, one of the big news stories was about Pope Francis and his thoughts on gay men and women. And with the spin doctors going at full speed, you can tell it was not what the conservatives of the Catholic Church were expecting to hear... Though I am pretty sure it is pretty close to WWJD.

When Pope Francis was asked about the "gay lobby" as in an inter-curial pressure group (nobody is sure if they lobby for or against the acceptance of gay Catholics), he said while that might be an issue, he did not have a problem with men and women who are homosexual.

“When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of a lobby,” he said in reply. “If they accept the Lord and have good will, who am I to judge them? They shouldn’t be marginalized. The tendency (to homosexuality) is not the problem ... they're our brothers."

He is very like Pope John XXIII, who will be made a saint this year- the Pope of Vatican II. (Why is Vatican II so important). Ed Asner did a great job or portraying this humble man in "Pope of Peace".

I really like this man. He is a breath of fresh air. I pray for his on-going leadership of the Church.




1 comment:

  1. outstanding pics Geri! btw - you look terrific - it looks like you had an unforgettable experience.

    ReplyDelete