Thursday, September 30, 2010

Divorce 2010, Part 2

I am officially single again. At 3:40pm EST, my divorce went through and was finalized. No delays, no additional filings, no papers unfiled, nothing left unsigned. Connie testified, and the judge said the magic words- The divorce judgement is finalized.

Miracles do still happen! I left New York in August of 2006, and the decision to divorce was made in July of 2007. Four attorneys, endless paperwork and $2000 later, it is all over. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Connie and I headed to Pappaduex's for dinner and drinks, and I advised her to pick the most expensive thing on the menu, because we were celebrating. The waiter asked what we were celebrating and I said, joyfully, my divorce was finalized today. The woman at the next table laughed out loud and told us, "I felt the same way with mine!"

We had Alligator- really yummy- and very cold beer and a little bit of tequila.

Rick and Chris joined us a bit later and we had a lovely dinner. What a difference a day makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment