Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bristol Weekend Part Two

The Nationwide race, my very first NASCAR event, was scheduled for 7:00pm and with all the running around, and the long walk- golf cart- walk…I was tired and HOT when we finally got to our very good seats in turn one. I was happy they were actually seats as some areas were metal benches- that would not have worked for me. An added bonus was the $5 Tony Stewart hat I got to match my- oops I meant Rick’s- Tony Stewart hoodie he got in Martinsville. I fit right in!

The scanners were helpful for keeping up with what was happening, and the race was quite exciting, with frequent leader changes and a few interesting wrecks- who knew a car could do to turns up on a wall- and thankfully, no one was hurt.

The drawback is that I don’t know the Nationwide drivers that aren’t in the Sprint cup, and most of the Sprint cup guys are in different numbers in the Nationwide. This made it difficult to keep track.

Kyle Bush- the guy people love to hate- added to his win in the truck race by knocking Brad out of the way and winning his second race this week. It was a long walk-golf cart-walk home and we were out cold nearly as soon as we hit the sheets.

The next day we had rain, but it cleared before the race and Rick and I went shopping for my Jimmie Johnson bling- a really nice hat and hoodie- I am a happy girl. Don’t be hating me just cause my guy cheats better than your guy, Margie…

I also got Bristol and Jack Daniels shot glasses and a cool Tony Stewart T-shirt of my own. I am a happy girl. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the JD trailer won’t even sell t-shirts to those under 21.

Our seats looked right down on my boy’s pit area, as Jimmy had the pole. Did I mention he won at the track earlier in the season?

There was on very interesting, intoxicated woman about six rows down from us, who gave an “I LOVE YOU” hand gesture each time Dale Jr. passed, while flipping the bird at Jeff Gordon on 500 occasions. She was the real entertainment in our section.

The race was rather boring with it’s lack of significant action. The crowd had only Jimmie Johnson’s kiss of death into the wall after turn 3 to really cheer about… And Tony had issues after being caught up in an accident himself…

Kyle Bush- who was not wrecked by Brad as was widely expected- walked away with his third win of the week, when the last 50 laps proved to be wholly unexciting. My verdict- the Nationwide race won, hands down…

There were no golf carts after the race so we walked back all the way to the road to our subdivision, where we had prudently stashed the Land Rover. I was delighted to sit in the a/c after the long walk.

The traffic was INSANE- and that might be an understatement as the mass exodus began. I was glad to settle in for the night

Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment